5 Months

Saturday, October 10, 2015


I hate to complain, but the last few weeks having been very trying. Fiona's bottom two teeth have been coming in and giving her fevers to send her home from daycare, work has been overly stressful and the house is undergoing a lot of small projects. Thank goodness for grandmas and aunts coming to save the day!
 Fi hasn't been too fussy overall, except when it comes to nursing. If it's not the very first or last feeding of the day, then it is a constant battle. Arching her back and fussing, slapping me and dragging her razor blade finger nails across my neck, biting me are making her too distracted to actually take much milk. She definitely prefers the bottle and lights up with glee when i show it to her. I've really been struggling to keep up with pumping at work and haven't been making enough to put any meat on those skinny minnie arms anyway. I think I finally feel comfortable relieving myself of some of the breastmilk duties and starting to rely more on formula. Hopefully it will ease some stress on me everyone! 
We have had several home projects going on all at one time and the house is currently a disaster. I can't wait to wrap them up so we can have our space back and just relax. I think I have constantly been feeling stressed because I always try to take on too much or it all hits at one time. It's hard for me to sit still sometimes and that is something I want to work on. I need to just take a breath and realize I am already doing enough.





Despite challenges with nursing and napping, Fi has been making new sounds everyday (cawing and growling, mostly) and she started to reach out for things and is doing great sitting and standing with assistance. I've moved her up to her 6 months clothes and she is quickly drooling her way through them! When she is not fussy, she always has a huge smile on her face and is cool to just chill. It's really amazing to watch how fast she learns and discovers things and to see her curiosity grow and grow. Time is flying so fast and I don't want to miss out on any little moment! Motherhood is truly the hardest and most rewarding things I've ever done. Coming home to her little gummy grin is the highlight of every day.
Mom, I am starting to realize all that you have sacrificed to give me everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment