Last Week of Leave

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Today is my last day of leave. I return to work tomorrow and Fiona has her first day at daycare. I want to tear up just writing that sentence. I've grown so much and learned a lot about myself in the last few months taking care of a baby, a dog and a house while Pat was away teaching at the recruit school. Some days seemed like survival mode, but for the most part I felt like I had a pretty good handle on things at home in our little bubble. I know many moms work full time and balance things, but I don't know how they do it! I suppose I will figure it out just like I figured out how to keep a baby alive for the past twelve weeks. I know there will be tears, but soon it will just be routine. Fingers crossed anyway!

I knew I loved this girl before she was born, but I had no idea how attached and completely over the moon I could feel for her. I secretly love when she still tries to look at me when someone else is holding her. She has changed so much in 12 weeks and I can't wait to watch her grow and interact with us more and more. Her hands are open a lot of the time now and it just cracks me up when she has them resting on her knees. I finally clipped her nails for the first time while she was sleeping. Sometimes I try to bite them while she is nursing! And her little "conversations" are too cute, just cooing away and smiling. I am going to treasure as many of these moments as I can. 

She has been such a good night sleeper so far and has no problem putting herself to sleep in her crib but my favorite time to hold her is when she is all wrapped up and drowsy and we can just sway around her room in the dark. I love this girl so much! She is so sweet in the mornings and often has a little smirk on her face when she's doing her morning stretches. She is following us with her eyes and now moves her head to look when she hears a sound. She can hold her head up pretty well when she is being held, but needs more work on her tummy time. She has fashioned quite a nice baby mullet as some of her hair gets longer, but is getting balder in spots where she lays her head. She almost has a full bald ring around the back!







No comments:

Post a Comment