Sleeping

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

I totally get how sleep deprivation is used as a torture mechanism. Your mind and emotions do crazy things! Not having a full 8 hours of sleep in 8 weeks is really getting to me.
I have been trying to follow the suggestions in the BabyWise book for schedule and sleeping and Fiona's night time sleeping finally seems to have increased. I feed her every 2 1/2 - 3 hours during the day and aim for a bedtime of 9pm. Last night she woke up around 3am, but settled herself and woke up wanting to eat at 5am. Now granted I didn't' sleep the full 8 hours because I was laying in bed trying to be still so she didn't know I was awake... but I was happy none the less! Our progress with might time sleep seems to be two steps forward, one step back, so I don't anticipate her going 8 hours every night, but at least we know she is capable!


Pat and I have been able to have a few date nights out without the baby which has been so nice, but every time I have to wear something that isn't stretchy, I remember again that my shape is still not back to what it used to be and its always changing and its very frustrating! I only have a month left of maternity leave, so I'm hoping I can fit into some of my old clothes by the time I go back. I don't think yoga pants are considered business casual. Not yet anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment